– Visit the fishing port of Essaouira and watch the local fishermen returning back inland with their catch
– Visit Skala Kasbah, which was a citadel in the times of war
– Visit some of the beautiful Essaouira art galleries scattered in the Medina
– Stroll in the Medina of Essaouira, which can be explored easily as the streets are aligned opposite to every other Medina streets in Morocco, which look like a maze.
– Shop at leisure for some local souvenirs
– Have a seafood lunch in the harbour stalls or at a local café terrace
– Walk down the beach and watch local boys playing football
– Sunbathe at the 6 km long sandy beach
A day trip to Essaouira from Marrakech is by far the most appreciated day tour by our clients: Many of them discover that hidden gem for the first time and decide right away they will come back for sure to a short break in the peaceful and artsy and hippy town of Essaouira.
Out of experience, Exploring Essaouira is easy on your own: Locals are very friendly, the Medina is pretty small (compared to other old towns in Morocco), and its streets are in order. You definitely do not need a guide for the tour of the city. Should you insist on one, your driver will help you hire a local guide for the tour of the city.
Late in the afternoon, drive back to Marrakech, and your full day tour to Essaouira will end with a drop off at your hotel or the nearest car accessible point to your riad.
Je recommande ce chauffeur à quiconque qui visite le désert de Mergouza. Nous avons eu beaucoup de plaisir et il a fait de ce séjour un magnifique souvenir.
Superbe excursion dans le désert ! La route est longue mais de nombreux arrêts et de beaux paysages..très bonne organisation, étapes agréables, merci à Karima pour sa gentillesse !... read more